BMW Navigation Professional and ConnectedDrive Faq
BMW ConnectedDrive has been setting the pace in the field of automotive connectivity for many years now, and is renowned for forward-looking in-car concepts and technologies that maximise customer benefit. The new functions mark another milestone in the BMW ConnectedDrive success story and once again demonstrate how the BMW Group is striving to retain its status as the leading innovator in this area.
• The new generation of the BMW Navigation system Professional boasts more powerful and impressive performance than ever, featuring a design rendered entirely in 3D, a modified display and control concept as well as a host of extra Navigation, Office and Multimedia functions.
• Dictation function with full speech recognition system: for the first time, the driver is able to compose short texts for emails and SMS messages while driving by simply dictating them. Meanwhile, the function for recording voice memos then sending them by email ensures that any flashes of inspiration at the wheel can be instantly preserved.
• BMW iDrive Touch Controller: following the addition of a multi-touch touchpad, not only does the Controller allow characters to be entered with the finger, it lets drivers navigate in maps and websites or magnify them.
• Product debut: the BMW LTE Car Hotspot ushers in the next generation of mobile internet. This particular accessory makes the BMW Group the first car manufacturer to bring the ultimate in high-speed mobile internet to the road – and, what’s more, for every BMW.
• Integration of smartphone applications from third parties: the BMW Group’s Software Development Kit (SDK) facilitates the integration of third-party apps into the vehicle’s native control and display logic, allowing drivers to use their favourite apps in their car, too.
BIMMERPOST Staff Annotation:
The list of hardware upgrades (vs. the current) which will power these upgrades include:
- Intel processor 1.3Ghz vs Renesas 600Mhz
- 1GB RAM (vs 512Mb)
- 8GB flash (vs 512Mb)
- Nvidia graphics (vs Fujitsu)
- 200GB hard drive (vs 80Gb)